Sunday, May 15, 2011

no hay escapatoria

Whoops, I went all Espanol on the title there.
Well, this was a pretty good movie, as I remembered it.
This movie was made in 1994, the dawn of the digital age, and I noticed that the special effects on this one were not digital but optical. Probably one of the last few big action movies to use that type of technology, maybe.
The sets reminded me of Waterworld or Hook, you got the feeling that you were on a set, but that kinda has a charm to it.
One thing I didn't like was the wimpy Dillon brother, messing up the whole plan like that, and then was killed anyway, what a bother. On the other hand, Ray Liotta held his own as the action star.

I'll give this one 3.5 thank god Kevin Coster wasn't in this one's out of 5



This part made me lol when the 2 inept guards were skewered by an arrow then gave a hilarious scream/look and fell down the shaft. I though it was funny.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you actually drew something directly from the movie! I didn't think it could be done!

    I remember this part, but I don't think I laughed. I just remember thinking how efficient he was.

    ReplyDelete