Monday, April 25, 2011

Holes The Gate

This was a pretty decent movie, I was actually a little startled in places.
Had some real nice zombies, muppets and special effects for its day.
The one thing I can't understand, and always made me mad when I was a kid (and still does) is why do monsters just stand there and move around in all their stop-motion awesomeness and not just squash the people. There, problem solved end of movie, the world is under the power of evil. Its like they got caught monologing and were thwarted by the good superhero. Baa.

So would I watch this again, well, I saw it before when I was younger maybe when I was 15, so it didn't really scare me. I do remember when this was in theaters and it was billed a really scary movie, so when I did finally get to see it a few years later I thought it would be a poopfest but it was actually more of an adventure movie. I'd watch it again, or maybe I'll watch THE GATE II, starring the heavy metal kid with a nerd haircut. I think I'll do that.

I give this 2.5 dead Mr. Mugs out of 5 (you young-ins might not get that reference)

Just a quick couple of portraits of the main kids (I couldn't think of anything else to draw)
One's cartoony and ones not (kinda missed the likeness of the kid on the right, oh well)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah that is an issue with Stopmotion. Stopmotion doesn't interact very much with the actors and CG interacts way too much with the actors.

    WE NEED A HAPPY MEDIUM!

    ReplyDelete