Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's a Whole New Ball Game!

I think the Tremors movies are great. They're not really scary movies, but that might be because I've watched them so many times! It kinda reminds me of Gremlins, in that it doesn't take itself too seriously and it's just a fun mindless monster movie to watch. It's too bad that Kevin Bacon didn't want to stick with the quadrilogy, but that's fine because he wasn't my favorite character of the franchise. My favorite would have to be Burt Gummer, he always has a blast blowing up graboids.

The monster effects were a lot better in this installment than in its predecessor. They played around a little bit with CG effects (witch were not composited very well; they always seem too bright for the scene), but mostly stuck with the physical puppets (which looked pretty good).

Tremors is a classic, but my favorite out of the franchise would have to be Tremors 2: Aftershocks.

I give this move 4 Pounds of C4 out of 5.

It's Bert! hur hur

~B-Man

2 comments:

  1. Haha awesome picture. I never thought of that combination. I should have made the connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol awesome picture Brandon, you combined my two favorite things Sesame Street and big guns. How'd ya know?!?

    ReplyDelete